It is pivotal that you should always be prepared in case of the occurrence of a car breakdown. This is because it might take the car breakdown services quite a considerable amount of time to reach you, when you suffer a car breakdown on the roadside. Moreover, in a case of an emergency, it is not desirable that you get stranded on your own, while waiting for car assistance to arrive. The best alternative is thus to take precautionary measures at all times against possible car breakdown.
Putting together and placing emergency kits in cars can come in handy in the case of a breakdown on the roadside breakdown with minimal expense as well as little trouble.
Some of the tips and items that you can utilize to save yourself from the woes of car breakdown emergency are-
* Always keep a flash light within the glove compartment, so as to provide for emergency lighting in case of a car breakdown. Moreover, they can be also used to signal for help. It is also advisable to keep extra batteries with the flash light in case the batteries within the flash light run out of power.
* In case you reside in a place wherein sudden snowstorms or ice storms are common, it is requisite that you should always keep the ice scraper as well as rock salt with the emergency kit in your car. Ice scraper can be utilized to scrape off the excess ice whereas the rock salt can be used to provide the necessary traction if the vehicle gets stuck in the snow or runs off the road. Extra anti freeze should also be kept in the car, so that you don’t get stranded in the frigid weather.
* An extra container of the wind shield washer solution should be also kept in the trunk in case you require it during a car breakdown.
* It is also prudent that you should keep jumper cables with you, in case your car battery runs out and you may need charge from someone else’s battery. Sandpaper can also be used to clean the corrosion from the rusty terminals of the battery.
* Duct tape should also be kept handy in the car itself for minor repairs. Flares can also moreover be used for alerting the other motorists on the road, where your car breakdown occurs.
* Keep gloves as well as a blanket or a sleeping bag in the car to shield yourself, in case your car breaks down during the winter season. Likewise, also keep a sweater as well as a jacket in the motor vehicle in case the weather turns warm during car breakdown.
* Garbage bags can serve as an excellent raingear to provide insulation from the cold weather during emergency car breakdown. Thus, it is advisable to include them among the emergency kit in the car trunk.
* Maintain a list of all the local emergency phone numbers on a neat piece of paper in the car’s glove compartment. Additionally, in case you have auto insurance, you should include the contact number of the car breakdown service available under it in the list so that it might come in handy at the time of the car breakdown. Also, keep the car charger for your cell phone in the car, along with water and a first aid kit at all times.
It is essential that you should not put off the preparation for an emergency any further, in case you have not already done the necessary groundwork for the same. It might also be a good idea to go through your emergency kit that you had prepared previously, in order to add any new item that might be required.