You remember the first time round that you had to apply for the Vehicle Registration. You had to run from pillar to post and after a long drawn out complex process you were finally able to get the right documentation. You also had to get the help of the Car delivery dealer to ensure that you were doing everything right. The ford car transporter will be able to help out in the documentation and the possible inspection that might be needed the first time round.

Now, you will certainly rue the fact that you have lost or misplaced your vehicle registration certificate after all the trouble you had to go through of getting it the first time round. You wonder where you might have lost it during the car transport or the Car delivery service. However, getting a replacement is an easy and straightforward method. You can also apply for a new vehicle registration certificate if the original is stolen, destroyed or defaced.

  • If you have applied for V5C in the Vehicle Registration form and the details have remained the same then you can apply for a replacement over the phone or collecting an application  form in the post office. All that you will need to do is to apply for the DVLA on the number stated or you can locate that from the directory and after confirming the requisite details, pay the applicable fees via card.
  • The time frame for a new registration certificate to reach you is usually ten days.
  • Now, in case there is a change in the personal details then you will need to fill out another form called the V62. The change could be for the owner of the vehicle or for the vehicle. These forms are available at the DVLA website, can be picked up or downloaded or got at post offices too.
  • The next thing that you will need to do is to complete the form. This will be the details that are required such as name, address, date of birth, and the information about the vehicle such as the make, color, model, registration number, taxation details and the frame or VIN number.
  • The next step after this is to send it to the DVLA office with the requisite fee. The address for the DVLA office is Swansea, SA99 1DD. The form mentions the fee that is applicable at that point of time.
  • The new certificate should be in your hands within four weeks. In case the certificate is delayed for more than 6 weeks then you can contact the DVLA office to find out what’s happening.
  • Ensure that you use your full name and correct spellings to expedite the process and not have any delays come in the way. Always pay by debit or credit card as it is a far safer option than by paying cash.
  • Read the guidance notes that accompany the form for all further information that will let you know of where to send the form, the telephone numbers and the email ids.
  • Before you send the form across ensure that you have filled out all the requisite details that are required to be captured and also signed it at the requisite places. If you have not done this then your application will be returned and the process will take a longer time than the requisite 4 weeks.

Previously, there were log books that were issued but from 1 July 2005 these have been replaced by the Vehicle Registration Certificate.

The phone number for the DVLA is 0300 790 6802.

You can apply over the telephone if you are the registered keeper on the registration certificate, your name and address along with the vehicle details haven’t changed and you can pay the £25 fee using your debit or credit card.

If your name, address or both have changed, you can notify DVLA on the V62 form at the same time.

Therefore, if you notice it is not that difficult to get a new Vehicle registration certificate issued. Certainly, not as difficult as it had been to get the original one issued to you.